31 May 2008

Slipping Into Summer

Bailey hanging in the yard with the girls. Summer is a special time because Gwen spends a good bit of time in the gardens while the girls play outside which usually Bailey gets regular treats of being set free from his yard to come visit the family. Picture is courtesy of Emily.


Well the girls are out of school now. Finished up a week ago from yesterday. Emily will miss Mrs. Schaefer very much....I gather all of her kids will miss her. She is a special and wonderful teacher who teaching and influence will remain with them the rest of their life. Emily has really excelled this year and we are proud of her and proud for her.

Her reading went from a about a 3.5 at the beginning of the year up into the 6's which, though a relative scale, is suppose to be the grade number. I gather she did a good bit of work at school to achieve that accomplishment.

ALittleBit enjoyed her daycare when she wasn't sick. Seems that there was a correspondence between her starting daycare and being sick a good bit. :) Go figure. She had only one timeout the whole time which was a bit of a surprise to her. One because she had not been in trouble there yet and two because we do not do "timeouts" or at least use the word so she was not sure how to take the punishment. It seemed to upset her a bit.

I also think ALB enjoyed her weekly Community Bible Study class that she attended.

Well this summer should be busy. Gale will be having surgery sometime after June 18th. Gwen will be going out to help Bob take care of Gale and at some point the girls will be going out to stay there too. Colorado is a special time and place for all of us and the time spent there with Grandpa and Grandma make special memories. It may be hard to know what the schedule will be like with the surgery and all.

I head to Tejas next week to attend a shoot, my first one since 2005, down in Southish Texas near Hondo. It is a shoot that was modelled after the one I ran a several times near Mingus. The family running it has a ranch and a personal shooting range that they have started a shoot at. I am hoping to stop at Mom's and TK's for two nights then go on to Llano to the Eaton's for day then head out early Friday morning for Utopia and the shoot. We will see how that goes.

We are all doing well and enjoying Los Alamos and our friends. We just miss our families and other friends who not here with us.

Well on this last day in May 2008 I hope to get several things done including getting my rifle loads ready for the shoot. We will see how that goes. No chance of winning but just having fun is enough. Besides I miss Texas and the countryside. Maybe some Cooper's BBQ is in store for me too. ;)

No comments: