13 October 2007

Memories - Chili Piquins

Recently I was reading a blog where they mentioned that chili piquins were growing on their chuch property. They had a picture of the bush and a bit of history. This picture is from their blog at Covent Baptist Church.

Since mostly family views this blog then I do not have to say alot about piquins. Grandma had some growing on one side of her house in Sonora. There were lots of bushes and the peppers would be plentiful. I remember the ugliest looking salsa that had been can in jars. And the peppers sauce bottles filled with peppers and vinegar. Seems like alot of family liked that.

Never forget the time Ronnie crunched some up in his food using his hands then scratched himself in a delicate place and thought he was going to die and no amount of washing seemed to help. :)

Also remember taking some to school at Texas Tech and some of the Asian students tried them thinking they could handle hot and just about died from eating them. A different type of hot to say the least.

Though I do not like hot stuff and do not eat peppers much I miss those little bushes. I sometimes wish I had some here to grow for friends who enjoy Chiles here in New Mexico.

No comments: