Well yesterday was a busy day with me getting almost everything done I had scheduled, plus a bit more, without having to start my truck up.
I need to go to work and get some of my snacks out of the fridge then to head downtown for some chores then back to the hospital for blood work. I decided to walk the whole way for exercise.
When I got to work I found out that my appointment was in less than an hour and I needed a way to get downtown to do some chores first. Then I remember the transit system that is free which I had just rode on Tuesday for the first time. So when I left the lab I headed for the transit station which is located on lab property at the guard gates.
As I was walking up to the station I noticed from a distance several kids playing and laughing at the station and thought wow who would be riding the bus with that many kids. As I got closer it was Steve and April with their kids plus a couple others. I had forgot they were going to try the transit system up from White Rock to the Farmer's Market. They have to switch buses to get downtown. Turns out alot of folks had the same idea so the bus was full full.
I got downtown and went by the insurance place then by the post office for stamps. I needed to go by the library and to the grocery store but did not have time before getting blood worked up. So I hiked to the hospital then home. After doing some chores around the house and eating it was time to head to a movie. I walked to the end of our street and jumped on the bus with ten minutes to go before movie time. I had to switch buses for downtown at the transit and then I was let off right by the movie theater. I saw Hancock which was a bit slow at the beginning and seemed to be not so good but by the ending it had some twists that made it worth going to see. I then had to hike to the post office to mail some letters and stuff.
At this point a storm was coming so I headed home on foot hoping to get picked up by the bus if it started to rain. Luckily I got home just as the rain started. So I got some good walking in while doing chores today.
I stopped by the library on the way home and found the books are in White Rock. So I checked the bus schedule and found out I just missed the departure bus to white rock and it would be an hour before the next one. I did not have time to wait since the library may close so I drove down. I took Tali a present from Emily and stopped by the library then went to the White Rock grocery store to get stuff for today. Then headed home by then it was getting late and I still had some chores to do at home.
Anyway, it was an interesting day and if one is not in a hurry then the transit works well. I got somemore laundry done and hit the hay.
Today I have gotten more chores done and exercised and ate breakfast. I need to keep working and get a shower.
Happy 4th everyone!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment