23 September 2006

Friday Night Lights the TV show!?

I just saw a commercial for the new TV show Friday Night Lights. I just cannot believe this at all. Talk about now knowing how Beverly Hills folks might have felt when BH 90210...hope I got that
zip right...never really watched that show. How I felt watching the commercial for FNL was...well... ah.. the word embarrassed comes to mind.

I imagine that it has been common knowledge FNL was coming out as a TV show but since we do not watch the big three networks much at all anymore then I never saw it coming. Oh well. It was enough hard watching the movie since it brought back a lot of memories of playing West Texas high school football in the middle of that. Though the movie went over the top with a lot of it. I guess the TV show will go over the top way too much. The commercial was over the top. We can only hope it stays on the air for one season or less. :) I hate to think how it influence the kids today .... I pray not.



Well on a different note. The weather is getting chillier and chillier. We have had frost on the
ground for a couple of weeks. It tried to pill snow yesterday when we were heading out for dinner during a rainstorm. At this rate we may have snow for winter this year....yeah!

Let's see we have our tickets for England. I do not know the exact dates but it will be two weeks in the middle of November. Guess we better start getting ready since that time is coming upon us fast.

Well there is a lot of work to do today to get ready for the winter. I wonder how much I will feel like doing this weekend. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr., we will be in England before you, so we will give you a "run down" on the crew and etc. after we get back! Glad you are going and let us hear from you soon!
Grammy from Clovis

Anonymous said...

i was able to watch tonight's episode last week and i think FNL is going to be one of the best shows on television. that doesn't mean it will last, because the good ones rarely do. kyle chandler is especially good.

the new york times seems to agree with me...http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/03/arts/television/03heff.html?ref=arts