04 October 2006

Defining "Meat" Pie in Oz-NZ

Interesting debate over just what defines meat and how much needs to be in a meat pie to be called a meat pie. Defining "Meat" Pies in Oz-NZ. If that does not make you pause before eating one of those knarley foods then I do not know what will.



Now back to Friday Night Light. TK said she thought it was pretty good and Kyle Chandler was good in it. I would agree that it looked like it was well made, which is not a surprise since Peter Berg is involved, and of course Kyle Chandler is good in pretty much anything he does. I miss the series Homefront and Early Edition which he was excellent in both. Peter Berg was in one of my favorite movies "Late For Dinner".

With that said I am not sure the content of the show is necessarily all that good or healthy. I thought the theater movie was a tad over the top about West Texas high school football as compared to what it is really like but the episode I watched tonight was way over the top compared to what really goes on. Again Beverly Hills 90210 comes to mind.

Now some of the scenes in this episode's content were unnecessary and pure hollywood at times and for a lack of a better word "nasty" and not a very good examples for our youth today. I hope this does not teach the youth today that those scenes were normal or healthy for young or old alike.

I was surprised and pleased they changed the plot so that the team is at Dillon HS and not Odessa Permian HS. Though they keep the white helmets with a dark stripe and a big P on the side. They made the dark color green instead of black. Interestingly enough I had not thought about the P on the Permian helmet being for Panthers which it could but I have always thought it meant Permian. I am not sure which word the P is for actually.

And was that Mac Brown playing a booster talking up his expectations for the season to coach, Kyle Chandler? Interesting if it was.... I can believe boosters talk like that to a coach. Thought I could not imagine Dad talking like that to the coach.

I have to admit I enough watching the scenes during the games. Interesting to see how close they play those and if they come close to how it feels and is.

Anyway, if the other episode are anything like this one then it saddens me that they are making an example out of Friday Night Lights on TV.

No comments: