| Date - Time | Result | Venue | ||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 06 Oct - 15:00 | Australia | - | England | Marseille | ||
| 06 Oct - 21:00 | New Zealand | - | France | Cardiff | ||
| 07 Oct - 15:00 | South Africa | - | Fiji | Marseille | ||
| 07 Oct - 21:00 | Argentina | - | Scotland | Saint-Denis |
Well I was off by one. Fiji pulled out a victory over Wales to move into the runner-up spot for that pool. Wales was a surprise and so was Ireland who missed out due to losing to Argentina and France. So it is 5 Southern Hemisphere sides to 3 Northern Hemispere sides. Very interesting and different WC play than ever before.
Scotland just hung on to their runner-up place by beating Italy 18-16 I believe.
I think France then Fiji look to be the best runner-ups and are playing the best. I am not sure which has the best odds of beating NZ or South Africa. Argentina is playing well and look to be in better shape than Scotland. England have no hope against Australia so I do not think it is even close.
We will see how it goes. The ABs really need a good test again France to win...it will be the first time they will play a side very close to their level. Luckily it is in Wales though it will be the same place as the famous French win over the ABs in the 99 WC. Who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment