01 September 2007

"What Just Happened?"

Yesterday, I took Emily and Elizabeth to the playground at Emily's school. This play ground has a small spinning pole game where you can stand on it and hug the pole and spin around. The foot platform works just right as a seat for Elizabeth to sit, straddle and hug the pole. I told her to hold on tight and I would spin her. I did not think I spun the pole very fast but as she is spinning I she her face looks a bit scared or something akin to that.

I stop the spinning and Elizabeth is sorta hanging on sideways and not moving much. So I grab her and try to set her standing on the ground but her legs would not work and were like rubber. I just snatched her up and held her until the dizziness settled. She was wild eyed and totally out of it. She was looking around like she could not see anything straight. She did not say a thing and just was in a trance it looked like. I turned her to face Emily on the playground and she finally spoke.

In a shaky, shocked, pitiful , but yet inquisitive voice she asked, "What just happened?" :)

I was very relieved to hear her speak and laughed out loud as did Emily. I guess she had not ever been really dizzy before and was a bit surprised by the experience. Her reaction to it all surprised me and made my heart skip a beat or two.

No comments: