13 October 2007

Flashbacks !

A normal looking Christmas picture around our house. But if you look carefully straight down from the frog in the picture you can see one of the toys I got for Christmas. I blow the picture up and show it next.



















That is right .... SUPER TOE! Not to mention my John Deere Bike that was meant to be the start of my motor cross like bike. This was probably around 1973-1976. Hard to remember. The frog was my Mom's from Mexico. Dad carried I forget how many blocks back to the car after they purchased it down in Cuna. Gotta love my clothes. The cap is a John Deere cap. The jeans are bell bottoms ... probably at that time smallish flare to them.




Here I am one night watching TV (which I believe was our first color TV) but notice what is between the TV and the small light stand on the floor. Yes folks ... I was ahead of my time. That is a Pong game! I blowup a the picture of said Pong as can be seen in the next photo. :)










I am guessing this was circa 1973-1974. We lived on Sierra now which started on my BD 1973.
Who needs the Xbox or Wii when you have the Pong. ;)



Here is probably coolest bike I ever had ... it was a five-speed. This was taken about 1972 or 1973. We were still on Tulane. Elizabeth asked me what happened to it. :)






Of course one of my proudest gifts ever. I still have this too out in my guncabinet. The Winchester Model 70 25-06. This was circa 1977. What a rifle.

Notice the popular and ever cool fish net shirt. Not sure what was going on with the sweatpants. I pray I had rolled them up or something. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terry that is a memory for sure! Not many have a picture of their first real rifle, let alone the rifle itself!! Ha! Darn hippie kid. Just kidding, thanks for sharing. / John