In Feb 2008 the release of the Spiderwick Chronicles Movie comes out. We saw the preview trailer for this at the movie theater a few weeks ago. Yes the books are scary but it looks like the movie will be even scarier. Which is usually the case with scary books to movie translations.
I wrote a "review" of my readings back in September of 2006. See Dr. Bubba's Review: Spiderwick Chronicles.
The movie appears it will be rated PG. I doubt Emily will want to watch it and I am not sure I want her to watch it. The books in my opinion are definitely PG-like appropriate for 2nd or 3rd graders with all the language and poor behavior in it. I will most likely watch it to see what it is like and post a review here.
I noticed on the book shelves at our local book shop there is another series started by the same authors that looks related or similar to Spiderwick.
Interestingly enough there will be a video game: Spiderwick Chronicles Video Game which I will almost never play so no review will be forth coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment