11 January 2008

Bible In Public Schools

It seems that on HDNet that Dan Rather's reported on Bible in Public Schools. Turns out they filmed at my high school San Angelo Central HS. In recent years Central has been offering as an elective the Bible class. The piece is interesting in how it got started at Central, or even better how it got reintroduced at Central. It was once an elective back when I was in HS, now over 25 yrs ago, and I took two semesters of the class. I do not how long it had been at Central when I got there and I do not know how long it lasted after I left.

I do know that it was taught, usually, by different ministers who volunteered to take turns every year or so often. It was not a theology class but just a class on the history and facts of the bible.

Anyway, here in the first ~15minutes of this piece is the report from Dan Rather. Just a side note I do not remember anyone ever calling Angelo a 20's oil boom town. A ranch and farming town yes but oil not really. Turns out Los Alamos High School also offers a Bible class too.

HDNet - Dan Rather - Bible in Public School (first 15 minutes)
.

No comments: