11 March 2009

SDWest Day 2: A Better Day


The 2nd Day of SDWest was a bit better than the first. My hip is better but only because I did not run on it in the morning. The two tutorials I went to were actually pretty good. Reminders of good ways to write software in any language. Also one polished up a topic on Agile planning that I have been at a loss on....User Stories. Now just how to apply them is the question.

For lunch Steve and I did our usual tradition, on travel, of eating at a Wienerschnitzel (The Der). Joann excitedly came along with us since she claims to have never had a chili-dog before. Only a hotdog with catsup is all. It was Derlicious. She may be hooked. :)

We found (thank you Mr. GPS) a small street in downtown Sunnyvale that had a ton of cafes and restaurants. It seemed like a popular spot in the middle of nowhere. We ate at an Indian place (Tumeric) and the food was good. We tried one of those blossom ball things (a samosa) that is is posted here. It was good but did not have much punch. Then after dinner we found a new/used bookstore next door to browse.

No comments: