Well the first day was at SDWest was interesting. Went to a morning tutorial on Building Your Coaching Skills then a lunchtime talk by Uncle Bob Martin about Clean Code. Both were good. Bob is a very entertaining speaker. He should follow Agile advice and get a domain expert on his team to help him with his "fun" Physics part of his talk though.
This afternoon I had a hip that was bugging me so I hung out in the room resting it.
There is a lot of Agile Development talks along with some good C++ seminars. Always interesting. It seems there is fewer people here this year. Perhaps the poor economy. SDWest itself does not have break snacks like last time nor the cap and t-shirt like last year. Seems a bit slow here.
Our swanky Hotel is pretty much only swanky in the lobby. It is the conference hotel but does not have much in the room. No free breakfasts or no free WiFi. I am using the SDWest network over at the conference. Oh well. That is how it goes.
Tomorrow is another day with different talks and tutorials. :) I have Emily's laptop almost purring with C++ and unit-testing. Thanks ME for the loan. It makes for a better conference. Just can't wait to use it in a tutorial.
I love and miss everybody. ME I hope your ankle gets better soon.
Love Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment