01 April 2009

Ranch House Restaurant

The Ranch House (1520 Buddy Holly Avenue) has been a favorite of Gwen and mine in Lubbock. It is more a cafe than a restaurant. Probably the best breakfast in town and the lunches are pretty good too. A reasonably priced place to eat. While in graduate school the breakfasts seemed like a steal but now they are closer to $5 a plate which seems less of a deal.

The girls really enjoyed the breakfast we had there. They had the usual eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and toast. I had the RH's SOS with two fired eggs. I was very happy when I left. Unfortunately they do not take checks or credit cards so I had to drive over to one of the banks off of Main street to find an ATM machine.

I picked up a menu and noticed they still serve the Po'Boy Plate which is a bowl of beans with onions, pickles, and corn bread for only $2.25. I can see nothing on the menu over $5.50 and
the on the breakfast side the only thing higher is pork chops and eggs at $7. They are open M-F 6am to 4pm and Saturday 6am-2pm.


Also Gwen would be glad to know that J&J's BBQ is still open and serves 11am until they run out of food. J&J's was a small mom and pops place that served BBQ. Gwen really enjoyed it and they served a hot link she really likes. The food for me is ok but the people were really nice.

No comments: