03 July 2006

Fourth of July Weekend

Well, we thought of going up to Colorado to spend the Fourth with Bob and Gale but decided against since we plan to go to Texas next week and then to Colorado at the end of the month for Bob's 75th Birthday.

Instead we did an overnighter to Alamosa, Colorado to stay at the Rio Grande Inn which has a water park inside. Nothing more than a pool with a giant slide along with an interesting kiddy pool. Did not seem like much but Emily really enjoyed it. The pool never gets deeper than 4 foot..so no diving. The Grahams met us up there and they went to the Great Sand Dunes National Park too. We enjoyed swimming and dinner with them Saturday night.

Luckily we came back just after noon on Sunday to Los Alamos since I got sick to my stomach which is still pounding me this Monday morning. Since all I could do was lay on the bed and wait til I had to get up and go to the bathroom most of yesterday then I decided to put some overhead slides together about MC++ to use as a training tool for the new folks on our team. Sixteen slides so far. I did not know I had that much knowledge of this code in my head at all. ;)

The past week or so has been a good bit cooler since a cooler front has come in giving us bits and pieces of rain everyday. One night it was so cool we had to close up the house to stay warm. I was afraid I might have to turn the heater back on. :) It was a relief compared to the Los Alamos hot week about the time the Nolens left for England. Instead of 90-100 degrees it is more like 60-80 degrees. Yea!

I am taking today off as my Friday off...might want to redo it as a sick day. And tomorrow is the
Fourth and a holiday. This week is being chopped up a good bit.

The Nolens have four posts on their blog about their adventure over to England. Good fun if you ask me. :)

No comments: