30 October 2008

Weird Crossing of Paths

At lunch today, which the training course provides, it came up I was from Texas. When I said I was born and raised in San Angelo there was a nice response from two of the gentlemen.

One said that his grandparents had lived in San Angelo. They both died in recent years and had been at the Baptist Memorial nursing home. Then the guy next to me said he went to fourth and fifth grade in San Angelo when his dad was stationed at Goodfellow Airbase. I went wow!!!
Said he used to catfish on the Concho and other things.

Then the first guy said his other grandparents lived in White Rock and his granddad had been a guard (PTLA) at the lab. Wow again. Really weird.

Almost makes me think that I had spies working on me or something. What are the chances of this happening? :)

Then a third guy at the table said his grandparents were from Uvalde! For crying outloud. Uvalde is south east of Sonora a short to medium distance. I almost stood up and ask if anyone else had heard of San Angelo, Texas!?

No comments: