Monday morning Steve found out that Busy Bee, a local daycare located at the First Baptist Chruch, would be closing on the 26th of May for good. He was very surprised to be handed a letter written by the Pastor of FBC giving the reasons for the closure.
Steve and April had no idea that this was coming and we had only just saw a sign posted in town that said save Busy Bee. Though I heard rumor that the Pastor talked to some parents I have not met a parent yet who knew this was coming. My guess is the Pastor and the church blindsided many parents with this news. Many are hurt and anger.
This has a major impact for the town. Daycare was hard to comeby here and it is now getting worse.
Here is a recent article, one in a two part series, in the Los Alamos paper:
Busy Bee Closing
2nd Article in Series on Day Care
It all seems pretty dubious to me as far as the reasons and the way it was handled by FBC. Though the Nolens are not nearly as impacted by the closure due to timing of them going to England for six months in June, I feel for Caleb and Audrey who both seemed to really enjoy their time at BusyBee. It is saddening. Of course they will have to deal with it upon their return though for Audrey and eventually Julie. Caleb will be moving on up into the public school system upon his return though so it is less of an issue for him.
Well that riled me up. I wrote an email to Paul Cunningham, the pastor, asking for an explanation to the community to why this was all handled so poorly. I suggested that the Monitor would be a good place for an explanation.
Just found this page and another letter dated earlier than the May 1st one:
Three Letters...one dated April 27th
No comments:
Post a Comment