08 December 2006

Friday Off.......

Well I went into this Friday feeling good that I did not have this urge to go into work for once. I think having a pretty good work week helps. Almost everything I worked on or tried seemed to go smoothly. No kinks or nothing. Maybe this week will be as good.

After getting Emily on the bus this morning then I got Elizabeth up and we went to the doctor(s) offices to get some blood work done. All is well. She asked to "eat" every other minute. So we finally went to the Booth's place for drink and "eat". ;)

Gwen went to eat lunch with Emily then returned a little later to take our computer to the school and let Emily give a presentation on our trip to England. Gwen used Media Shout to do a slide show of various pictures Emily picked out. Emily got up and talked about each picture and afterwards answered questions. I saw a bit of the presentation and Emily did a great job. She did not seem nervous to talk in front of the class and the class asked questions and got a few presents from our trip. Like money and flags. I gather it was a hit. We are proud of how Emily is starting to grow and not be as shy. Sorta neat to see her do her own thing.

I took Elizabeth to Sonic for some treats and then we went to the bookstore. Picked up two paperbacks books. One is the sequel to Ender's Game which Steve loaned me in England. A very interesting read that is for sure. So I got Speaker For The Dead which is next in the Series. Though I hear going beyond it one may get confused if it is a series or not. Also picked up the latest McGarrity book that finally came out in paperback. I wait on Hillerman and McGarrity books to come out in paperback. I told Gwen to wrap it up for Christmas for me. BTW Hillerman has a new one out in hardback and the last one in hardback is now paperback.

The day has been a bit slow but we have to get ready for carpet to be put in this coming week in our room and the spare room next to us. Gwen is excited I think.

Well it is less than 13 days til the Nolen's get back. Yea. They are missed by many. Many ask about them.

I have been trying to play or sing as much Christmas music I can for the girls. I remember how much Christmas music seemed important when I was little. Especially watching the Andy Williams and Perry Como shows in the 60s and early 70s. I do remember one Christmas special in the 80s that I enjoyed and that was when George Strait was on it. ;) When Santa Crosses Over The Border is one of my favorite now. :) I think that was on a Como special.

The girls just got back from Espanola and shopping. The little girls got a tiny tree and some tiny tree ornaments. Emily got Star Wars and Elizabeth got Sesame Street ones. Very cute and fun.

No comments: