01 December 2006

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Well Wednesday we got a nice snow. I am not sure what the official total was but around our place we got about 3-5 inches. Snow plows were out and school was delayed Thursday for a few hours. Work was not delayed though. I would not mind a once a week snow this winter. It sure would make up for last winters quarter-inch of mositure. It has been cold too. Someone said it was like 7F the other morning....though it did not feel like it was that cold. Right now the weather channel says 16F feels like 8F. So we are getting pretty cold.

Well, Rugby Sevens started today in Dubai. I have been playing with the idea of going to the USA tournament in Cal for a few years. Maybe the one in San Diego this coming year is the right time. :) Talk about a fun and fast paced sport. Sevens is to 15-Rugby as Six-man is to Eleven-man football. New Zealand and Fiji have been the best over the past few years but last year England and South Africa were right at the top and ahead of New Zealand. I think NZ is regrouping and young.

Well it is early and Emily is up again. I am not sure she will ever get back on schedule but we will see.

One peculiar but interesting thing about English Rugby is the fact that they like to sing "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" before and during tests matches. I am not sure how an American slave spiritual song became the anthem for English Rugby but it did. Here is a bit more that points to this too.... Swing Low Sweet Chariot. They mention when this tradition started back in 1988 it appears.

No comments: