Well, it snowed a nice bit yesterday during the day while I was at work. Unnervingly I almost slid into a bus head on just as traffic gets on the Omega bridge coming out of the new traffic rerouting of the lab's. Talk about reliving that moment over and over. :(
By the time we went to bed at 11pm the snow had pretty much stopped but my official trash can has the snow at about 4-6 inches...it is too cold to step out and measure it. I do not care if the "real authentic" (as they say at Ft. Sumner) measure comes up with 3 inches because we got more at my house. :)
Anyway, we went to bed confident that there would be a snow delay. And when I woke up at about 5:45pm sure enough there is a two-hour delay for the schools and the lab. I love the phone messages for the school and lab.
BUT wait there is more....if I remember correctly from overhearing Gwen talk on the phone that there is a new policy at the elementaries where they will cancel the day if it is a half-day like on Wednesday or even better like this week where it is half-days for parent-teacher conferences. So I am guessing Emily gets a SNOW DAY!!!!! Guess we will wait and see if it a real policy or not. :) UPDATE: It is just a Wednesday rule. Oh well.
Without more snow coming down though the lab will open at 10am though. The weather last night had today as partly sunny. So things most likely will clear up. Oh well. We have a four day weekend though. :)
We will see.
Anyway, Emily can sleep in .... yea right. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment