Below is a link to a funny story from an interesting Texas preacher. This man,Real Live Preacher, started writing a blog several years ago anonymously and created a huge following. In the beginning he was a good bit unorthodox and even irreverent for a pastor and I think it was due to mental problems/depression mostly. I will not go into details but here in his own words is a hint:
"I'm thinking that tomorrow we're going to deconstruct Real Live Preacher. If you take my expressed purposes in starting this blog (I want to say whatever the hell I want to say. I don't want to be your minister. Leave me alone and let me be myself) and compare it to the present reality of the blog, you wonder what the heck actually happened." - RLP
Link to Funny Story: You Know, That Other Bible - RLP
The reason I offer up RLP and this story is to give those (including one of my favorite persons... Ape), who are aspiring writers and want to start it off from a blog, an example. RLP is an example of someone who has had some success and is now a published author. His story is interesting and the stories he tells often are very interesting and entertaining. All I can say about the above story is that I will never think of Gimli in the same way.
No comments:
Post a Comment