14 March 2008

Need to give more time to Blog

Since I got home last Saturday I just have not had much energy to use for the blog.

It was a good trip with lots of learning. Monday morning was a rush. The one other team member beside Steve and myself that went to SDWest came in and was on fire with Agile. The methodology that light his fire was Crystal. Not the same one that did it for me but still Agile and most of the ideas he really related to was communication issues. All Agile methods focus on communication and the offering of different ways to communicate than the time old documentation and memos. Face-to-Face is the big one with XP, Scrum, and Crystal.

This was refreshing to see someone outside of Steve and myself catching the spark. But then again that is why we wanted them to go to the conference.

Of course for me the other things that I relate to is the development practice that Agile has under them...XP is more detailed then the others on this. Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continous Integration, Continous Design, Merciless Refactoring, Reversibility... and so on. Since Crystal or Scrum do not really detail these practices then it is good that both can include XP practices easily. :)

Anyway, we are doing well. Elizabeth has said so many Elizabethism that I cannot write them all down. Hopefully soon.

No comments: