Well we got to San Angelo late yesterday. Unfortunately we left Los Alamos at about 9am instead of the earlier departure that I had dreamed. So with a couple of stops for the "potty" as the girls call it, one divine meeting, and a brief food stop in Lubbock then it took about ten and one-half hours to pull into Grandma's driveway. Give you one guess where we stopped for food? Rudy's of course. Yummy. I really enjoy eating there .... probably a bit too much. Just feels like home for some reason.
I had hoped to get to Lubbock earlier and drop by and pick up Tim Davenport for a meal. Tim is on the North side of TTU on foot and Rudy's is on the southwest part of the loop. Since we got to Lubbock about 4pm Texas time then I had to pass on visiting Tim. Hopefully we will catch him on the flip side of our trip. We still had 3-3:30 hours of trip left after eating.
After a pretty good sleep I got up this morning and eventually started working on the pool. I had to vacuum off the water on the cover, clean up as best I could the dirt and leaves, then sane the pool for leaves, swept the bottom to stir up the dirt for the recycler to pull it out, shock the pool, and circulate it. Of course fight off the wasps, bees, and ants who discovered this water source all of the sudden. I do miss Texas. :) And the water was way cold by the way ... really too cold to swim. As Verle Theriot once told me, "No swimming in the month's with R in the name." Must be a Texas thing too. But at around 2:30pm the girls and I got in the pool and played for a little while. Did I mention my legs were numb? It was fun but did I mention my legs were numb? :) I maybe wrong but the girls really did not stay in the pool for more than a minute or two at a time. Whereas I stood in the pool for far too long playing with them.
Though the water was numbing cold the day's temperature got up to about 84F. So it was warm out of the water. Warm enough that I started sweating....Texas go figure. At least it was not real hot just warm. Actually very nice for leisure but it was warm for work.
This all tired me out a good bit. I think I have, and Gwen too, a bit of a head cold from ALB compound all of this.
We debated food at about 4:30pm and decided to eat here at the house. Grandma to the rescue with some QVC food. Gourmet Steak Hamburger! No really. They had cheddar cheese and bacon mixed in them. Each were one-half pound each. I hated to admit it but they were delicious! A lot like eating a cheeseburger but without the bread. Very moist and yummy. The girls even ate their shares. We had oven fries, fruit, cucumbers, tomatoes, .....
We had to recover the pool since it is time again for the water tower behind the house to be stripped and painted. Some pretty cool and large tools doing the work too. Maybe I will put some pictures up tomorrow. Anyway, the dust from the work gets in the pool.
Aunt TK was not around much today since she is busy working overtime on a project at ASU. Probably lucky for her or well planned. ;)
I wonder how the Nolen's are doing....Clovis to Weatherford to College Station.
No comments:
Post a Comment