08 June 2008

The 3rd Annual Utopia ShootOut & BBQ

I arrived at the ranch at about 8:15pm just in time for them to squeeze me for some sighters. I needed to be on at 400yards and was only on at 200 yards. I got it done just in time for them to start on time at 9am. I had to make one adjustment when doing official sighters right before starting our rounds. I drew 6A which is Lane 6 and circuit A. So I was first up in the relays. The start was a bit slow for me. Hitting only the biggy and one medium. Leaving a medium and all five small ones. Yikes. Looks like a long day.


This is a view from behind of the benches. There were six benches in all with 3 circuits or rounds.







Here is a look at boards with pigeon layout. The scoring was 10,20, and 30 for big, medium, and small in that order. There were two boards with 3 lanes each on them.







A view of what the shooter saw when looking downrange. You can see the boards at the end of the clear field.








Here is a look in the opposite direction from the benches. This is back the way we came in...and that is my rifle resting from its job.

At the start I thought I would be in the hunt for Dead Ass Last but each round I picked up steam a bit and by the last board I hit 1,2, 3 leaving two small ones. Not bad. That was as close as I came to sweeping my five boards. I finished 13 our of 17.



The Utopia Shoot-Out and BBQ

No comments: