05 June 2008

Utopia: Loaded Up and Ready to Shoot

I got 61 rounds of ammo ready for the Utopia Shoot down at a ranch in Utopia, Texas (near Bandera or Hondo depending on which way you head out from there. For those unfamiliar then
west of San Antone. ;)

There was a small setback that luckily worked out. I was priming my cases when I hosed up one of the primers so bad (it did not detonate though) that it stuck in the case holder and I had no way to remove it with the risk of detonation. So I headed out to Academia Sporting Goods and Field & Stream to see if by chance they had the shell holder I needed. ASG did not carry handloading gear so I went to F&S next with only a lead to the Angelo Shooting Club's store if F&S did not work out. Luckily F&S has one left so I was golden as long as I did not hose this one up again.

I headed over to the Christian Store to browse and of course found a few books I liked. Only bought two though.

Well I ready to visit Dan and Dianne tomorrow in Llano. I look forward to it. I have missed visiting with them and I really want some BBQ goat which hopefully Cooper's BBQ will have on hand. I will get to see the Llano River much farther down stream where there is some water other than stream at the head of it.

As always I love my girls and miss them. God bless them and be with them until I return home.

No comments: