Well after a hill country tour of about 430 miles in a circle I visited three court houses and several hill country towns and highways. Leaving Angelo Friday heading to Llano to visit Dan and Dianne. I went
through Eden, Brady, Mason, and Llano.
Here is Brady Court House

They are in the process of
renovating it.

I pulled into Mason (Home of Fred
Gipson) and had a bit of a time getting a clear shot of the courthouse. This is about the best I could do.

A slightly different angle of the Mason Court House so the dome is exposed. While in Mason I noticed the
Hemphill Insurance Agency so I stopped by to introduce myself and say hello to Kendal
Hemphill. At first I did not find Kendal but got the chance to meet his wife
Joceyln. She pointed me to Kendal who was working on a house out on Llano highway behind a cemetery. Kendal is an
Outdoor's writer and humorist who used to have his column in the Angelo Standard Times but they punted on it a couple of years ago. It was nice to finally met Kendal.

Then in Llano, Dan gave me a tour of the Llano Court House.
Dan and Dianne were great hosts and I really enjoyed visiting with them and seeing them. I was a joy. They both were doing well considering all the heal issues over the last few years.

Here is a shot of the front of Dan and Dianne's house in Llano. The inside is very nice indeed. Lovely view of the river and very welcoming home. Thanks again Dan and Dianne!
The tour of the Hill Country continued the next morning (Saturday) starting down to
Fredricksburg (Ancestor's Stomping Grounds),
Kerriville,
Bandera, Utopia (for the shoot),
Vanderpol (I did not turn off to Leakey which is suppose to be a motorcyclists utopia of road scenery), Junction, Menard, and back into Eden.
One event was surprising. Early in the morning, but with plenty of daylight, as I crossed the
Pedernales River outside of
Fredricksburg I saw a long, skinny, low to the group animal cross the road. I was not close enough to verify it but I am very positive it was a
ringtail cat (
cacomistles) but it was very long from head to tail compared to the
ringtails I have seen before this time. It was a treat to see this very
unprobable event.
Of course I had BBQ twice and passed on several potential BBQ places all which I will report on later...maybe on the
BubbaQ blog. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment