Well today, Wednesday, was a good day. Started a little slow. We had to clean and straighten the house up because the realitors are showing the place already to let it when the Nolens move out in mid December.
Close to 11am I ducked out and drove over the hospital to get my blood drawn for testing to see how my medicine dosage is doing. I chose today since Thursday the doctor's office in Los Alamos will be closed due to Thanksgiving. Since the Brits had same day turn around last week I thought they would be as good this week. So far no word from my doctor on the results or any dosage change. No worries. If all else I can find out on Friday when I get home and adjust it until I get next week in NM. I did drive for the first time since we got here. I have sorta been lazy and let Gwen drive everywhere. No worries. I had no trouble and actually think I did pretty good for 10yrs of rust. Just watching and navigating really helps too. :)
I stopped and got some petrol, well diesel really, before we headed out. 89pence/liter! Remember double that for pennies and multiply by 4 to get a rough overestimate of per gallon. :)
We, Adamses and Nolens minus Steve, headed out into the countryside to find a rain forest like zoo place. The countryside is beautiful and April did good on finding the place. We had lunch there at the cafe and then walked around inside the exhibits. Not much to see but it is nice and a nice getaway. The folks there were real nice too.
We then came back to Reading and followed April over to pick up the wonderful pictures of Julie. The pictures do not lie...she is as cute as the pictures lead you to believe. Outside of liking to scream when she wants attention or food she is just a doll. She is crawling around and standing up next to tables and chairs...she will be walking not long from now.
We came home and Gwen made stirfry and rice before everyone but me headed out to a Christmas carnival at Audrey's school where it seems they all won something or bought something. Sounds like they had a good time.
Anyway, I hope and pray everyone there in the states have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Not sure but I think Gwen wants us to have one more trip tomorrow before dinner with everyone here for Thanksgiving. We will see where that leads us.
Hopefully next time, if there is one, I can get to the Twickenham Rugby Stadium and the exhibits and tours there in London and then up to Bletchley Park (where the British broke codes during WWII including the Engima machines of the Germans.)
No comments:
Post a Comment