The last two days have been clear and warm. My Atomic Clock barometer said rain for yesterday. Hmm ... I decided it meant it would rain during the night. With the clear day and start of the night it was pretty cold. Cold enough to freeze the moisture coming down last night. So we got a dusting of snow. The car had the most..not much and some places on the ground. Hard to remember it is winter without snow.
Hopefully we will go some more soon.
This morning Emily and I got up early again. It was a good thing for her so she could finish off somemore of her homework from the vacation. She has only a few pages of reading work to do and she is done. She got all her math and writing finished yesterday.
I had time to sit and watch her work so I broke out two bottles of my four bottle stash of chutney! Yum. I forgot how good that stuff is until Gwen got me some in Reading. I ate two bottles while at the Nolen's. So April and her got me four different bottles to try. They all survived the plane trip even though the Houston Airport searched the bag with them in it. They went right for the box that had the chutney and they did not repack it very well. Somehow the bottles survived.
We had not bread for toast this morning so I took several pieces of ham left from yesterdays lunch with the Schmidts and had ham with chutney. Yum. It is amazing to me how good chutney is on just about anything. I have two more bottles to try soon. Oh the variety. :)
It brought back memories of NZ and Elizabeth Gill's using it on sandwiches. It is good with crackers, bread, sandwiches, meat, pasta, and the list goes on.
The two I tried at the Nolen's was a Mango variety...one sweet and the other spicy. I liked both but the spicey was my favorite of the two. Very nice indeed.
Well I have to get Emily on the bus this morning and then get into work. Also need to get over to the doctors office and get my INR checked ... blood test. The testing in Reading was a bit expensive but hopefully the insurance will cover most of it. It was about $240US for two tests.
If so then if and when I am in Reading again then I know where to go for testing. And this might be more than one would think since we have conferences there ever other year.
Emily is ready to go. We have her new England insulated lunch bag loaded and ready to go. It has the Saint George cross on it.
Well more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment