13 November 2006

Well we made it to Pomeland

The flights over were uneventful but a bit miserable since A Little Bit would not sleep and when she did she got wokeup. So we got no sleep and thus were nicely jet lagged all of Saturday and wee bit on Sunday.

But last night was a good rest and we have really been enjoying being with the Nolen's again. Like old gloves so to speak. They all look great and seem to be happy.

We have a car rental now and Gwen got to practice her wrong-sided driving already. Pretty good for being 10 years rusty. It is a bit hard with the ankle she sprain the afternoon before we left but she is doing pretty good. My legs are holding up and I need to just find someone to test my blood this week. Guess I will look into making an appointment tomorrow for later in the week. The car we rented from a very nice lady has alot of leg room so no worries there.

We went to eat at Chili's yesterday and did some shopping. It is nice to find a piece of home in a far off land. Those were few and far between in NZ but seems there are few more opportunities here in GB. We have seen Steve's sister, Cindy, and her daughter, Connor, so far. Her son Jarett has been sick so far and has stayed at their place for now. Hopefully we get to see him soon.

April, Emily, and Audey rode the bus, a double decker, back from the eating and shopping yesterday. I think Emily really liked that.

We may try to go to Winsor Castle tomorrow. I think tonite that Steve wants to go play Skittles and I got an invite to tag along. Should be interesting. Steve is veteran now so I will be the novice. See April's post with pictures for skittles.

Anyway, we are doing as good as can be expected. The Nolen's are great hosts. The weather is wet and chilly but I like it that way.

I got to watch the Welsh vs the Pacific Islanders in Rugby. They delayed broadcast the English losing to the Argentinians and the All Blacks vs the French was not broadcast at all. The ABs won handly though.

Steve and April got me an ABs cap though. :)

Hope all is well there and the Sonora visit on Saturday went well?
Love,
The Adamses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saturday went nicely. Patsy, Gail and families wre there. Burt did not make it. Glad you are there, hi to everyone. Have fun!!!!!!!
Luv yu
Mom